Halifax Curling Club will be running a 6 week Learn to Curl starting Sunday Sept 18th from 1:00 to 2:30 PM.
Here are the details:
- Sundays from 1:00pm – 2:30pm
- Dates: Sept 18, Sept 25, Oct 2, Oct 16, Oct 23, Oct 30
- Cost: $60 + HST / person
Ready to try curling for the first time? These six-week classes will teach you the basics of curling and allow you to play matches. No prior experience needed!
Goals & Objectives
- Ability to deliver a rocks
- Ability to sweep
- Understanding of game rules & etiquette
- Understanding of basic game strategy
- Ability to call shots while considering game strategy
What to wear/bring?
- Clean sneakers. No raised heels.
- Dress in layers and bring a light jacket and a toque
- Gloves and warm socks
- Pants that allow for easy movement as you will be required to stretch which tight pants and jeans do no allow for.